Saree draping tricks
10 Unique Ways Sarees Continue to Stay Contemporary
The first step to acing any saree style is understanding different styles and drapes. Which is why, you need to know how to wear saree step by step. Plus, a win-win for the Indian beauty that you’ll look. Atpur, a small village in Hooghly, West Bengal was known for weaving coarser sarees for everyday wear. The casual style of draping sarees got its name “atpourey” meaning informal from here.
- Plus, a win-win for the Indian beauty that you’ll look.
- We’re real people and real people have different types of bodies.
- You can pleat a saree the night before and spread it out to establish the pleats rather than doing it after draping the saree around your body.
- It is very important to drape it properly because of it’s smooth texture.
- Rock this look with a cropped top, a set of colourful bangles, and sneakers.
Here is a low-down on how to wear saree in different style step by step. Take the non-pallu end of your saree and make 8-10 small pleats roughly three fingers wide. But the number of pleats depends on your waist size.
Denim Team Up
Roll up those sleeves when sporting plaid and throw in some killer shades. A fresh take on the Maharashtrian saree, the dhoti saree is twisted over pants to give off that fusion vibe. Not only the draping style but the blouse can be played with too, team it up with a flared, off-shoulder blouse and walk it all with oomph and style. Buy more cotton ones to get a fuller figure if you’re skinny.
- For all our readers and fellow fashion fiends, we have curated these chic styles of wearing a saree that is contemporary and look good on women of any age.
- Well, there are many saree draping styles to look slim and many saree materials to look slim.
- The floral motifs, mango butti and kairi shaped brocade make a popular choice for women in the market.
- Off-late, many innovative saree draping styles are coming into focus.
Rock this look with a cropped top, a set of colourful bangles, and sneakers. Saree pins can improve the overall look of the saree in addition to serving as a practical accessory to hold the pallu in place. Coloured pins are a fantastic method to camouflage any pinning. Additionally, use high-quality pins only, as cheap ones can harm the fabric. Today we will tell you that if you pin up the saree properly, then half the problem related to saree draping will be reduced automatically.
Saree Wearing Styles For Parties
Pinup the tip of your saree pallu gently and allow the rest of the saree fall on your hand. – Choose a saree with thin zari borders if you are on the shorter side https://pinupz.in/.
Which saree is known as queen of sarees?
Paithani Saree popularly known as 'Queen of Sarees,' is a trademark of Indian tradition and honor. A paithani saree silk is considered one of the royal sarees in India.
But it can keep you from having fun if you don’t pin it right. On an off-shoulder blouse, ladies often get confused. All you need to do is fix your pallu at a place where you will have maximum support. This is the most common and simple saree draping style. You can try this classic drape with any saree – right from cotton, silk, chiffon to georgette and Khadi. And, to give this ethnic look an edge, you can accessorise it with a belt.
Learn How to Wear Fish Cut Style Saree: Step by Step
Pin up the saree with the pallu firmly and do not leave it hanging. Sarees sliding off the shoulders are considered a wardrobe malfunction and we must avoid it. So, let’s discuss today what are the problems faced by a woman when she decides to wear a saree to a professional situation like our offices and business meetings.
- Bring the pleated drape from the left back towards the right side and bring it in front from under your right armhole to the left front shoulder.
- If you are wearing a Mysore silk saree at work, pin up the pleated saree completely.
- Try bringing the two worlds together by picking traditional crafts like Batik, Indigo or Kalamkari.
- But as time passed, it became popular among the other people too.
Follow these style tips given below- Mysore silk sarees can flatter any body type. Therefore, curvier women can wear this saree when they are going to a party or any ethnic occasion. Instead of wearing an Anarkali, opt for a Mysore silk saree for a graceful look.
How to Wear a Saree For a Wedding : Saree Draping Guide
Bring the pleated drape from the left back towards the right side and bring it in front from under your right armhole to the left front shoulder. Take the non-pallu end of the saree, while holding it on your right side. Take it to your left and then bring it around your back and then tie a tight knot on the right side with the right end. Once the saree is tucked in, take the width section of the end drape and make pleats (approximately 5-6 inches each) of the whole width. Gather them in a way that the top border forms the first crease.
- You can play with the draping style by choosing to pin up the Pallu over or under the cape.
- Mysore Silk Sarees come from the most famous silk-producing district in Karnataka called Mysore.
- Style Tips for Wearing a Mysore Silk SareeAll women love Mysore silk sarees.
- Once the saree is tucked in, take the width section of the end drape and make pleats (approximately 5-6 inches each) of the whole width.
During special events, pleating and folding a saree can enable you to drape it fast and efficiently while still maintaining a flawless appearance. For darping a saree perfectly, you must keep these things in mind. Fold the pallu into two folds with the border showing up on top. Remember that the Maharashtrian style sarees are worn an inch above your feet, so anything higher or lower than this might spoil the look. The Nauvari or the 9-yard saree is iconic of Marashtrian style. This style looks like a Dhoti with the upper part worn like a regular saree.
Check The Fitting Of The Blouse
As you place the pleats, make sure at least one-metre length falls from your shoulder point. We understand that you may have a gorgeous collection of heavy silk sarees or fancy stone/metal work sarees. An apt choice for an Office Saree is a subdued single tone saree in earthy or mellowed colors. Khadi, Cotton, Tusshar, Linen are some of the best material choices for a professional saree. Occasionally silk sarees are welcome in events and functions.
- Coloured pins are a fantastic method to camouflage any pinning.
- Today, the style is back to becoming a coveted look thanks to the wide variety of designs, styles, textures, and colours that they now come it.
- You do not need a petticoat to drape a Nauvari, although you can wear shorts or knee-length leggings underneath the saree.
- If there is one couture that every Indian woman loves to wear, it has to be a saree!
- Use a thin belt with a metallic buckle or a wide cloth belt to add an edge to your look.
You all will agree with me that there is something special about silk sarees. But to pull it off with an arresting look is bit tricky. It is very important to drape it properly because of it’s smooth texture. So in this video/post I am sharing step by step tutorial to drape silk saree perfectly. For the love of Handloom sarees and minimalistic style, this is the drape to try. Try this offbeat look by wearing a cotton saree that looks dressy, elegant, and contemporary.
How to drape a saree in Bengali style
Also, if you think the pleats make you look fat on the tummy, try keeping the pleats on the side instead of front. The highlight though, is that some of them come with pockets! It is best suited for cocktail parties and wedding receptions where you can pair it with a high neck blouse and a pair of danglers to keep it simple yet classy. Want to know how our peeps in Maharashtra style the saree in India?
Shoes should be slightly more stylish than those you wear with a formal suit but not as gorgeous or informal as the ones you combine with jeans or wedding attire. Now that we have seen how to pick the right saree and wear it correctly, let us now focus on accessories and jewelry that goes well with a formal saree. You can use a pleat maker as shown below, as we understand that this is the hardest part of wearing a saree.
Hacks To Carry A Saree More Gracefully And Comfortably?
There are many who are not in the habit of draping a saree. For them pairing them with tricky blouse can turn out to be more stressful. To ease things down, such ladies can use a couple of tricks.
- We recommend pinning it right at the back of your shoulder.
- Please remember that the length of pleats makes a lot of difference to this style, so make sure they are broad and box-like.
- A lucky few may have conquered the whole nine yards in style, and then there are some who carry a bunch of safety pins at the ready every time they wear a saree.
- This style is similar to wearing a traditional waist chain around the saree.
- During special events, pleating and folding a saree can enable you to drape it fast and efficiently while still maintaining a flawless appearance.
It shows how hygienic and organized you are, personally and impacts your personality very strongly. An embellished corseted blouse with a concept drape saree can instantly up your outfit game by many folds. Due to being pre-stitched they are easy to carry and give a suave gown-like feel. This victorian-meets-Indian style is perfect for an evening party when you are in the mood for the Indo-western style, you can wear this look and get some heads turning. What if you could combine the ease of wearing a pair of jeans with the elegant look of the saree? Add a denim twist to your look and take it up a notch by draping a saree over a pair of jeans.
A 101 on how to style your sari
This awesome Marathi style saree is also known as the Nauvari saree drape. Among regional dresses, this dress highlights a lady’s curves. If you’ve seen Vidya Balan dancing on ‘Mala Jau De’, you’d have an idea about what this dress looks like.
- An embellished corseted blouse with a concept drape saree can instantly up your outfit game by many folds.
- You can play around with different top styles like- halter, a bikini style with a matching jacket.
- Cinching your sari with a logo buckle belt or an obi belt is a fail-safe approach.
- The fish cut style saree is distinctive majorly because of its petticoat.
- On an off-shoulder blouse, ladies often get confused.
Now take the open edge of the saree; the pallu section and make thin pleats of the width of the border. As mentioned earlier, Bengali saree has two pallus; one on each shoulder. So, to start with, hold the pallu section of your saree and start making thin pleats. The size of the pleats should be about the size of the border.
How To Wear A Silk Saree PerfectlyStep By Step Tutorial
Light Pearl neck wears, and simple gold and platinum jewelry are easily accepted. Use a high neck blouse or one with collar, avoid backless, low-line or round neck blouses. Lack of accessories and styling ideas to look professional in a saree.
Both Iyers and Iyengars wear Madisars differently; Iyers wear the pallu over the right shoulder, but Iyengars wear it over the left shoulder. Both ways do require an ample amount of patience, especially if this is your first time trying how to wear saree in different style tutorials. Traditionally, the married women of the Brahmin community of Tamil Nadu used to wear this style. However, these days it’s worn only on special occasions and festivities. Like the Maharashtrian drape, a Madisar style too requires a saree that’s about 9-yards as compared to a common 6- yards saree. Take a round of the saree and make 6-8 pleats of 5-6 inches each at the centre and tuck them neatly.
Trendy Bags to Tote This Fall
Here’s a short video illustrating the Bengali atpourey style of draping sarees. Now, gather the remaining loose fabric and measure from the left-hand side the length of the saree that you can drape to your waist from this point. Using this as a measure, tuck the saree to the left side of waist, gather again and take it between your legs to your back. This entire exercise is what makes this how to wear saree in different style truly unique. Now while taking it towards the left side, wrap it around the back of your waist to the centre (near the belly button) and tuck it in neatly.
- Now bring the open drape across your back to your front from the right side, without tucking this time.
- You can use a pleat maker as shown below, as we understand that this is the hardest part of wearing a saree.
- To get the saree tucked properly, you should use a handful of safety pins .
- Saree pins can improve the overall look of the saree in addition to serving as a practical accessory to hold the pallu in place.
Whereas the introduction of Mysore silk sarees was done by Maharaja of Mysore, Krishna Raj Vadhiyar who travelled to London to attend Queen Victoria’s Jubilee Celebration. He was inspired by the machine-made silk fabrics that the royal families wore. He then imported around 32 power looms to India and thus started manufacturing of Mysore silk sarees. Initially, these sarees were more prominently used among the royal families. But as time passed, it became popular among the other people too. Style Tips for Wearing a Mysore Silk SareeAll women love Mysore silk sarees.
Check out the 6 saree hacks that every woman should know to look elegant and stylish in any saree.
Choose from these 10 styles of wearing a saree and look your elegant best. Petticoats can make a saree appear bulkier, whereas shapewear enhances your body, holds the saree in place, makes you look in shape. It is also incredibly simple to wear and carry because of its skirt-like form. Just drape your saree over it and flaunt your new curvy figure. Do you love to wear your handloom cottons and silks, but are not sure how to ‘appear’ slim while draping these gorgeous sarees? Here are a few tips to follow to give you that flattering look in your favourite sarees.
- Experimenting with various textures can result in a breathtaking silhouette.
- One of them is sporting a saree with stunning off-shoulder blouses.
- Make sure you pick the appropriate fabric if you want to appear poised and sophisticated.
- Choose from these 10 styles of wearing a saree and look your elegant best.
- And, to give this ethnic look an edge, you can accessorise it with a belt.
Most of us love to wear a saree to the office but we often give up on the idea because of one of the following notions. There’s a huge pool of looks that we might be missing out, but we are absolutely in awe with the ones above. Also, if customization makes your heart tick, don’t forget to check the width of the fabric! You need a minimum of inches width for crafting any of these concept sarees.
Learn How to Wear Marathi Style Saree: Step by Step
This petticoat is fitted at the waist and flares at the bottom, which highlights your shape. As you may have already guessed, it is the petticoat that steals the show. Every drape serves a different purpose, and looks different and thus is fashion forward.
- Initially, these sarees were more prominently used among the royal families.
- However, these days it’s worn only on special occasions and festivities.
- Refer to my blog about makeup tips for professional women here for more details.
Two pins, one on top and one in the center, should be used to secure the pleats. In this method, the possibility of pleats unfolding is less and the pin in the middle ensures that they are arranged nicely. The fabric, whether it be a saree, dupatta, or scarf, is the only element that has the power to make or destroy an outfit. Make sure you pick the appropriate fabric if you want to appear poised and sophisticated. Choose a fabric that highlights your curves and suits your body shape.
Unique Ways Sarees Continue to Stay Contemporary
Shimmy into your favorite saree and layer it with a sheer embellished cape. When hitting work, you can go for a solid saree with a cape style overcoat to give off that boss lady vibes. Never wear a petticoat that’s too loose, it will only make it harder for you to handle the saree. Here is where you need to know which saree to pick for different occasions. Do try something funky – A printed petticoat might look very exciting with a very transparent saree.
Which silk is famous in Uttar Pradesh?
Benaras in Uttar Pradesh earns much of its claim to fame for being the origin of the Banarasi Silk that is famous all over India. Benaras is famous for its brocade saris. Banarasi Silk is a variety of brocade silk and is one of the finest products of the state.
Pinning a complimentary embroidered dupatta on a sheer solid saree with an off-shoulder blouse is just one way to do it. A unique and elegant blend of wearing a saree for the young hearts or women of any age. The journey of traditional sarees taking the contemporary route has seen a pleasant headway over time which indeed has swarmed the fashion screens and markets alive. Since then it has been tweaked to fit each decade with designers like Tarun Tahiliani, Satya Paul and Sabyasachi Mukherjee giving us the chills these days. The elegant and classy saree has wowed women for centuries and is still a fierce competition to its Western counterparts. A unique feature of the saree is that different regions have their own saree draping styles.
How to prevent safety pin tear
Here’s our tutorial on how to wear saree in different style. When wearing an off-shoulder blouse, the sleeves should be on point so that you look your best. But we know it is not that easy as it keeps sliding back on your shoulders.
In fact, when quizzed about how to wear saree in different style forms, the Ulta Pallu has a lot of variations, depending on the region that it is taken from. Therefore, you must make sure that the blouse is perfectly fitted. It should not be too tight, as anything that is not comfortable will not make you feel and look good.